Our Goal is to encourage more plant-based menu choices when we dine out in local restaurants. We seek:
- more menu items
- clearly-marked menus, and
- wait staff/chefs who are educated about our diet.
- The next 3rd Thurs dinner and Potluck have not been scheduled–we are looking for volunteers to help be event organizers
- Plant Punk Kitchen is now offering regular pop-up fine dining events with Chef Stefen, each dinner is limited to the first 20 people who purchase tickets here. We highly recommend getting on their email announcement list. Events sell out fast and this is the BEST meal in Davis (plant-based or otherwise). We also support the local efforts of Jule’s Cashew Brie–pick up locally or have them ship.
Find us: Please “Like” the COOL Cuisine Davis page or our chat page on facebook or join us on Meetup.com, and respond to the invitation so we can get a headcount. (Or pop us an email at: COOLCuisineDavis@gmail.com)
Our blog is a resource for restaurants to learn more about how to welcome plant based diners and a resource for diners about where they can go for a hassle-free meal.
Some reasons people eat a plant-based diet: To sustain the planet, to sustain our health, and out of compassion for all living things. We also may eat this way for economic reasons, ethical considerations, world hunger issues, and religious beliefs.
Why we organized COOL Cuisine:
- We want to expand our opportunities to eat with omnivorous friends without the subject of diet becoming a central part of the meal.
- We want more options on menus
- We want menus that are marked
- We want Davis to become a plant-based dining destination!
Note to restaurants: We encourage you to experiment with new dishes to see if they are popular. But we won’t know you are trying something new unless you TELL US. That is why we offer free advertising to restaurants who want to reach our participants. Send us a jpg or png image and we’ll post it here and on our social media. INVITE us to come and try it! We’d love to hear from you.
Your successful creations could become delicious menu fixtures!