Welcome to the Chef/Restaurant Information Page
for the COOL Cuisine Burger Battle!
“Burger Battle Participant Information Packet” can be downloaded here.
- Contest Description
- Contest Rules – by registering as a participant, you agree to these rules
- Participant Contribution Information ($200 minimum donation for restaurant participants)
- Inventory List (products you can purchase locally at Davis Food Co-op and Nugget Market)
DEADLINES–please note changes here are more current than printed materials:
- Chef’s last day to submit your logo
- Event posters delivered to restaurants to post in your window
- Good time to link to our social media, start hyping your restaurant and burger to our audience, and sharing the Burger Battle with your followers to drum up excitement! Do we have the right contact person for your social media??
- Deadline to give us your burger description and ingredients list
- Table-tents delivered to restaurants to set up
- We take a photo of your burger or you can send one to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DINING BEGINS!!
- Burger patty, bun, cheese, condiments and sides must be 100% plant-based (vegan) with no special ordering needed. (See packet for kitchen prep and cooking specifications.)
- Burger must be a newly designed menu item for this event.
- Burger must be offered throughout the month of March, 2019.
- Burger must be advertised to all diners with a menu insert that includes voting link, listed as a special by wait staff, and posted at the front of the restaurant using template provided.
- Sign up by January 15 to be included in marketing and films.
- Tax deductible participation donation to Cool Davis of $200.
- In order to be included in all advertising materials, provide a description and sample of your plant-based burger on or before February 1 (COOL Cuisine would like to take a photo in advance).
- More details on preparation are in the Rules Sheet.
What is Plant-Based? Plant-based foods do not contain any product that came from an animal including red meat, chicken/poultry, fish, shellfish, milk/cheese/cream from cows or goats, eggs, or honey from bees. Please read the RULES sheet for details about requirements for cooking and preparation.
The 20 Vegan Burgers to Eat Before You Die (awesome photos)
BURGER RECIPES AND INSPIRATION
- Post Punk Kitchen
- One Green Planet / Burgers
- Tasty Burger recipe
- Veg News Best Burgers Article – with photos
Links to other Resources:
- Plant Based Product Database
- The Business Case for Plant Based Foods–why is this good for your business?
- Marketing plant based menu items–” Studies have shown that when plant-based entrées are moved from a “Vegetarian” section of a menu into the general menu, sales more than double. Given that fewer than five percent of consumers eat a vegan or vegetarian diet, in order to appeal to a wider swath of the population, plant-based entrées should be mixed in with other similar menu items.”
- Creating plant based entrees with easy switches!
Please connect with us on social media – send us photos of your chef and your burger and diners eating your burger so we can share them with other diners! This is FREE publicity for your restaurant.
We offer free advertising to restaurants who want to reach our participants. Send us photos and we’ll post it here and on our social media. INVITE us to come and try it! We’d love to hear from you.
We hope your successful creations will become popular delicious menu fixtures!
Thank you so much for trying something new and your patience and understanding.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Well Done (Partners)
Medium Rare (Supporters)