Thank you all for voting – the contest has concluded and we are tallying up your votes!
Throughout the month of March, restaurants in Davis competed to create the most mouth-watering, enticing, planet-friendly, plant-based burgers and diners voted on each one they tasted! We are doing drawings for voter raffle prizes now and will contact winners directly! Top prize is a one night stay at a guest house in Grass Valley, CA.
The Voting Form asked diners to rate burgers on a five point scale of “OK” to “AWESOME!” on these features:
- Unique Flavor
- Similarity to Real Meat
Maps to restaurants:
Tasting Teams – Thank you to 20 Tasting Teams who participated!
What is a Tasting Team? Get together with friends, coworkers, or members of a group you belong to and eat and vote as a block! Tasting team awards are separate from individual voter awards. You can do both!! Tasting teams could be from local businesses, UC Davis departments, service clubs (like Rotary), houses of worship, sports teams, fraternities and sororities, etc. Give your group a name and register some time before the end of March.
- Five (5) or more individuals (you need to identify a contact person)
- Team members taste at least four (4) different competing burgers to compare during the month-long event.
- Cast your individual votes when you dine,
- By March 31, register your team and decide together which burger is deserving of an award
- Create a fun or descriptive name for your award (examples below)
- If you are from a local community group or company that has a logo, we are able to print your logo on the frame-worthy award poster that the restaurant can hang with pride!
- March 31: Submit the award name, winning burger, and logo (if you want to) to us at email@example.com
Get creative with your award name!! Examples we made up:
- Master Gardeners might create “The Garden Burger award for the most veggie-packed burger”
- Odd Fellows might create “Oddest Burger”
- GVH Running Team might create “The Marathon Burger Award for the burger that took the longest to eat”
- Citrus Circuits Robotics Mentors might create “The Machinist Award for the greasiest burger”
Follow us on social media! Post Glam Shots of Burgers!
Follow, like, and share the Burger Battle on social media – get the news about participating restaurants and share fabulous photos of the burgers you like. We’ll keep you posted about Battle news!
Burger Battle News Coverage
Every vote is an entry for raffle prizes! Prizes for social media posting contests! Raffle prizes include:
- A night in the fantastic guest house at Animal Place
- Burger Battle T-Shirts
- T-Shirts from Happy Cow (the place to find vegan and vegetarian food around the world)
- Miyoko’s Creamery Gift Certificates, Coupons and Recipe Booklets
- Gift Certificates for Battle Burgers
- Free cupcakes at Let Them Eat Cake (310 C Street – vegan and also GF cupcakes)
- Starbucks Gift Cards
Hey Burger Lovers! Are you looking to learn where you can buy some of the patties locally for use at home? Click here for inventory at the Davis Food Co-op and Nugget Markets as of December, 2018.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Well Done (Partners)
Medium Rare (Supporters)