Our supporters eat a plant-based diet for a number of reasons which include:
- “My doctor told me this would save my life.”
- “I eat less meat because plants create less carbon (greenhouse gases) than farming animals. It is the only sustainable diet.”
- “I am vegan because I do not believe in killing animals. This is the only way to eat compassionately and is the core of my ethics.”
- “I follow the diet recommended by cardiologists to reverse heart disease.”
- “I prefer seasonal, local food with a minimum of processing.”
- “This diet is an outgrowth of religious strictures that my family follows.”
- Lower cholesterol! Heart healthy! Less additives! Lots of energy!
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has a wealth of information.
Kaiser Permanente has a web page dedicated to eating a plant-based diet to improve and preserve health. They recently published guidelines to teach all of their doctors about plant-based nutrition so they can advise their patients. It is easy to follow. https://wolfbergpark.potrero.la/
Some videos of interest are below;
WARNING – GRAPHIC VIDEOS BELOW ABOUT ANIMAL AGRICULTURE